• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a new cooling solution...what should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zangler

im running an sk-6 with as3 and a funnel and 80mm fan...but basically it sucks...i was running a 5krpm delta, and it did a bit better than what i have going now. so...i want to ditch the funnel...i might even be willing to ditch the sk-6 if there are better things out there now. im running a 2100+ tbred b and i overclock. here is the only problem...i gave the old fan away and it had the clips that held the fan on...so...any suggestions? can i get a fan AND just get clips for an sk-6? thanks for the help.

Uh oh.. better performance than an SK-6 with a delta?!? wow.. the only thing I can think of is a slk-800 with a 80mm tornado.. Other than that even a swiftech MCX-462 would be REAL nice.

i was thinking about getting this one VANTEC AeroFlow VA4-C7040...but i dont know. i guess im just wondering if i can get the fan clips for the sk-6 some how...anyone know how?

zangler said:
i was thinking about getting this one VANTEC AeroFlow VA4-C7040...but i dont know. i guess im just wondering if i can get the fan clips for the sk-6 some how...anyone know how?

that's a great choice .. I used vantec aeroflow before recently switched to watercooling .. it's quieter than most high-performing HSF, yet still cools great .. definitely recommend it ..

If you're willing to get rid of the SK-6 then get a SLK-800 its a much better heatsink although a bit pricey but you know what they say you get what you pay for. ;)

Back