• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are all power cables created equal...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PsYcO CyBrArIaN

I mjust recieved a free Canon Ink Jet printer but it is lacking the power cable. Does anyone know if others are interchangeable or if there is a perfect solution to figuring out this problem, ie. the specs on power req's?(exemting the reading the manual part because I dont have it):D
THX for all responses.

Im a bit confused as to what you mean, do you mean the actual Power Cord? If you do you can use a spare one from a PC they are all the same.

Well the manual describes the ac adapter, you know like a nintendo power cord with the little heavy black box in series to the unit from the wall....

i have heard of printers lacking USB cables, but not missing a power cord. Are you sure you got it all?

If it's got a transformer inline, then you'll wanna contact Canon and let them know that you didn't get it. Or contact whoever you got it from. Some printers, like HPs, have the transformer inside the printer itself and just uses a normal power cord like your PC and monitor do. Others, like your Canon apparently, use an external transformer.

No, no, I recieved as a free gift from a friend it wasnt new, well the printer itself was still factory wrapped they just used the power cable or lost it or something. Hes out of the country so...
I need a new one are they all compatible?

probly 10v or something. look at the back of the printer, there should be a sticker there that tells you what it needs. go out and buy a tranformer that supplies that.

Those power adapters often cost as much as the whole printer. Thieves hate it because they either have to sneak around with dangling cords or (lol) buy them.

Ugmore Baggage said:
Those power adapters often cost as much as the whole printer. Thieves hate it because they either have to sneak around with dangling cords or (lol) buy them.

Mmm I wonder how you know that *looks at his avatar*;)

PsYcO CyBrArIaN could you give us some more details?

I have a friend who lives in Missouri and she mailed me a printer that her parents were giving up for adoption and now I have a printer but they didnt send the power cord.
Its a Compaq IJ300.

Quote knuckle-head,
"Those power adapters often cost as much as the whole printer. Thieves hate it because they either have to sneak around with dangling cords or (lol) buy them."
- I would hope that any shmoe would take the power cord if they were stealing a printer. I hope you arent an aspiring theif.

Last edited:
Back