• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd 2100 AIUHB has arrived !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

l0rd_tornado

After burning up my first AIUHB 0302, I reordered a new one. I got the 0301 AIUHB, and then was regreting it after i made the purchase. However, It has just arrived, and within 20 minutes of it being in, im already at 2330mhz at 1.75vcore. I was expecting this cpu to really dissapoint me, but its looking just as good, if not better than 0302 at this point. As I did with my last one, Im going to slowly clock it up and test it and update this thread as I progress with it. Wish me luck!

2.4ghz now, at 1.95vcore. Im REALLY watching my cpu core temperatures closely this time though. My last one that Blew hit 68c core temperature and i pretty much ignored it....it took 2 hours or so of 68c temperatures at 2v and then blew. This one is at 1.95vcore and maxing at 55c core temp right now. My Cpu surface temperature from inside the socket is maxing at 35c. Its odd to me how the core of the cpu could be 55c, while the socket reads only 35c max. thats 20c difference in my cpu core and cpu surface temperature. Im watching it close though this time around. What would you guys say should be the MAXIMUM core temperature I should let it hit? 55c was going to be my personal limit and its hitting that now. Bouncing from 53 - 55c full load...Its not holding a steady 55c. Actually now its only 52c with Prime 95 still running, and dropping to 51c occasionaly. I have som really good cooling in my case, and on the cpu though, I wish my temps were a little lower. Maybe its reading the cpu core temperature incorrectly by a little. Dunno. Looks stable at 2.4ghz right now though, Prime has been going for 20 minutes with no errors and no lockups.

i could be wrong here but im thinking the 32c temp is refering to the north bridge not the cpu.

55c isnt all that bad but i would be kinda leary as its on the high side and your really pushing alot of vcore.

seeing how you like pushing these chips hard it might be good advise to visit the water cooling section here if you havent already.

btw i dont think date codes mean a whole lot.some people here might dissagree tho.

well ive had it up to 2450mhz, but It would have taken a little more Vcore to get it stable there. I could get atleast 2500mhz out of this chip, but it would just take 2v to get it there stable. 2v is where i killed my last one. Im at 200 x 12 = 2400 right now (2404mhz actual) and Prime errors, However I can run 3d mark 2001 and 3dmark03 without any lockups or anything. This is at 1.95vcore. It done 2400mhz earlyer at a lower FSB and higher multiplier at this same voltage. I guess higher FSB makes it require a little more vcore. I really do not want to have to go above 1.95vcore though. I guess ill just burn in for a while and see if It will let me do 2400mhz at 1.9vcore or something...That would be good, then maybe I could push on towards 2500mhz. Ill keep playing around here and see what I can come up with. BTW- that 52c isnt the northbridge, its the CPU core temperature, which is the temperature that is being read from the thermal Diode inside the Athlons core. Only kt400 and nforce2 boards have ability to read it i believe....The cpu surface temperature is the reading comming from the little diode that is in the middle of the Socket on the motherboard.

*edit* well nevermind, I got prime running fine now at 2416mhz, 201 x 12, 1.95vcore. apparantly it was my memory settings were too agressive. Maybe the 4 bank interleave or something. I rebooted and relaxed the memory settings and even went up 1mhz fsb and now prime is going fine. hmm. Anyone out there got some Corsair pc3200c2 memory? Not the low latency version, but the other one. I got 512mb of that with the platinum heatspreader, anyone know what this ram will do over 200mhz fsb with the timings?

Last edited:
I think you are taking it too fast bro. in my opinion you have a nice and probably rare chip that overclocks well, even on air.... You need to kinda slow down a bit......if you burn it in slowly you could even go higher.....I know some guys who will come to the ultimate potential of a chip in like weeks.....What kind of specs are you running on...?

ok, im at 209 x 11.5 = 2407mhz now. Im pulling some awesome memory benchmarks in sisoft sandra as my ram is doing 418mhz at cas-2-2-2-6-1T. All is nice and stable here. Going to keep creeping the FSB up until I find a limit :)

Ive dropped back to 11 x 209=2307mhz @ 1.85v and am burning in here. This chip has really impressed me. I was really expecting to be dissapointed with all the bad publicity of the 0301, but im loving it.

l0rdram2.jpg

still got some tweaking to do on it :D

Last edited:
for me, im not sure, never tried it. If yoru talking about yourself, then i havent a clue. All cpu's are different.

Sound good so far keep us up to date. Plenty of 0301 around and like to see how they perform stressed and at a relaxed pace.

So far 2.4GHz that's good OC. I would be happy with that stable at 1.9 vcore.

well ive dropped back to default speeds and got the vcore at 1.85 and am just burning in. Been going for several hours now. 2.4ghz took a tad over 1.9v to be stable, but hopefully after burning in a while it will require 1.9 or less im hoping. This chip will do 2.5ghz with more voltage though, so 2.4ghz isnt the max on it. I havent really found the max on it yet, as I stopped at 2450mhz and 1.95vcore or so. Ill go for some bigger numbers later and see what it will really do.

Great stuff man. Glad to see you are having success with it. It looks like you have pretty much blown away the theory of which week is better than another. IMO the date the chip was made is insignificant.

I think it depends alot on who is doing the overclocking too. Not that im anything special, but ive been overclocking for several years. Your hardware has alot to do with it too. The powersupply ive found to be one of the most important parts of a succesful overclock. Ive had powersupplys that totally killed an overclock. This Antec TruePower im running though is very very solid, the voltages dont budge, no matter how much load the cpu is in, or what the vcore and vdimm voltages are set to. There are guys on here that have pushed the 0301 further than I have though, But im just on high end air cooling.

0301's ROCK.

tornado- Do you remember what color your core was, in particular if it was more bluish-silver than the usual pinkish color?

Back