• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tbred A & A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats what i have...

Runs pretty good, i am in need of more voltage though...
Sure wish they'd release a new bios that did not restrict the voltage. Thats my only complaint about this board..

My 1800 TBred A can run as high as 1910 MHz with stock retail HSF @ 2.65V, and my A7N8X-Dlx runs up to 233 MHz FSB out of the box (I don't have memory that fast to run at SYNC). The system is limited by memory speed, now running SYNC @211x9 MHz.

The MB unlocks the 1800 TBred A, both out of the box. You need either the Bios 1001C or 1002 to unlock the TBred though, 1001G is not good. Bios 1002 is best among them, up to 250 MHz FSB.

I heard that the Epox 8RDA+ has higher adjustable Vcore, Vram, and Vdd (for NB/FSB) in the BIOS, hope ASUS will upgrade that in the near future.

Also ASUS is not as generous as ABIT to give us converter(s) for the serial drives.

One nice thing about the A7N8X is the two NIC's, I use the second one (3com) to connect to a laptop for high speed sharing (even with a straight thru cable, surprise !!).

Back