Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 02-13-03, 08:55 PM Thread Starter   #1
T-Bird

Epox 8RDA+

Is it Only in sync its hard to Achieve 200+mhz FSB
Mwh Peppe P
T-Bird is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 02-13-03, 09:02 PM   #2
EluSiOn

having 200mhz FSB SYNC will have more performance than runnning ASYNC......

running 200mhz fsb really put the pc3200 /3500 ddr to their limit... on top of all that... nforce2 chipset is running dual channel ddr... so good quality ram really needed
EluSiOn is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-13-03, 09:06 PM   #3
Tipycol

I don't quite understand the question. It usually depends on the ram. If you mean that to get 200+ fsb is easier async than sync on PC2100, you're probably right. If your using XMS3500 of Corsair or PC3200 from Twinmos, it be too hard, though you probably won't get 250fsb.

However, running asycn isn't recommended. From what I've been told, it slows down the system more than the boost in fsb helps the performance. Sometimes it's unstable to run async also, so you might as well just run the system in sync till you get better ram.

Others: Athlon II X4 630 | E5300 | E5200 | Athlon X2 3800+ | Sempron 3100+
Tipycol is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-13-03, 09:14 PM Thread Starter   #4
T-Bird

yes i mean that to get 200+ fsb is easier async than sync on PC2100 Thaks. Mwh T-Bird
T-Bird is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards