• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Envy24

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbox33

Does anybody have any of the newer Envy24 sound cards? I know M-Audio makes them and some other company has one out too. I'd like to know how well they perform and if anyone has had compatability problems with them. Thinking about getting one.

isn't that just the sound processor used in some of M-audio's and terratec's cards. I belive the m-audio revolution uses the latest version of that chip and the m-audio DiO and Delta as well as the terratec DMX fire use a slightly older version.

As for sound, those cards are the best you can buy as far as I know, real professional grade stuff. I don't know about issues, but many members of the AVS forums have those cards, so you may want to brouse there.

i hope this helps
________
Zoloft Lawsuit Settlements

Last edited:
terratac sound cards use the envy24 chips, which are now owned by VIA.

supposedly a great chipset for sound... sure more products to come

It's a great sound chip. It just uscks when manufactures use chip parts that can influence or ruin the sound. I'll have ot look around, but I remember reading a couple reviews of cards using the chip, that had this problem. I think one was hoontech.

Back