• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT KG7(R)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tacoman667

Has anyone seen when the release date is on these badboys? I want to upgrade to it when it comes out but I've no clue when it's supposed to launch and who gots them. Please help.

To get a lot more Perf. out of your system try upping your FSB to 140 and decrease your multiplier to 9.5. The increase in your FSB will jump your systems performance by about 20%.

I'm hopefully in the process of selling my Abit BE6-II, Micron PC 133 ram and, PIII 800. For what I can sell it for, install it all, and redo the guys whole system should be a little bit more then what it will run my for new hardware.

I am getting a T-Bird 1.4gig. But I want the DDR ram and KG7 Raid. I think MSNATH posted that it will be out at the end of this month. I'm thinking of buying the ram and cpu and waiting till the end of the month before buying the board and getting the KG7 Raid. I do have an old motherboard and PII 350 I could use till then (ouch that is slow compared to what I'm use to!). I really think it would be worth the wait.

One thing I'm not sure of though. On Abits website it says the KG7 R will support DDR ram of PC1600, and PC2100. What about the PC2400? Does anyone know if it will even support it? I would imagine it would, Maybe the specs are a bit out of date all ready?

No mobos support PC2400 it is not a standard ram speed like pc150. The only standard ddr ram you can get is pc1600 and pc2100.

But you can stick it in, anyway.
Here comes the pondering again: if the memory is tested for 2400, wouldn't that mean it's more reliable than 2100 or 1600?

Well I figured it would work but I wanted to make sure, not that I buy it and find out the board wont initialize the ram or is'nt stable cause it's not supported. But what you said makes sense!

I'm new to all this DDR (as most are I would guess!) and AMD. I have always bought Intel. But for price and performance I believe it is time to change. So I'll be spending a lot of time in this board now.

Back