• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

large hd's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gud2goe

Registered
are you peeps with large hd's partitioning for your operating sys. and then leave the rest for "other"? or are those of your with 40-60-80-120gig leaving it as one drive? i am bogging on bootup and it seems strange since this is a "faster"system....

thanks for the help

I have a 60gig HDD and its all one drive, and I don't notice much of a bog.. Altho XP does seem to take much longer than 9x to load, which is resonable since its newer and more bugridden than previous Micro$haft releases >_>

I cheat I keep my OS's on a small HDD 4-20GB and run the others by USB 2.0 :D
PS on kind of the same note I just bought my second 120GB today :D

well with the os at the end of a 40gig drive it just seems to take a long time to start. once runnning it seems fine. i think i will partition of 10gig for os then go from there...

thanks

i realize that,,,,which is why i will partition of 5gig or so for the os. other than that how do you move theos to the front of the drive?

it is windows and thats what i thought,,,,the whole issue is the lenght of time it seems to take to boot up...

Back