• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

full tower, big window. 1 or 2 CCFL's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

I'm going to buy myself a new case to put all my Vapochill stuff in and I have a problem on my mind I hope you guys and girls can help me out with.

The case in mind is the Chieftec Matrix fulltower.
In the side panel I'm planning to put in a windows. A big one.
Now, what I see on most pictures from people you have a big window and are useing lights (CCFL, Neon and stuff) they all use 1 light source in the bottom of the case.

My question is, are there people who use 2 lights? On in the bottom and one in the top of the case.
Can you submit pictures for me so I can view them?
Or is using 2 lights over the top and not making the overall appearence more beautifull?

Please give me your comment and thoughts on this.

i have 2 cathodes in my lian li case. having 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom isnt going over the top.

having 2 cathodes in the one computer is damn cool i think. u may even want to consider having 2 different coloured cathodes in your case, ie. blue and red or green and blue.

i uploaded a pic of my case with 3 cathodes in it, 2 inside and a small 10cm one just behind the front bezel

P1010004.jpg

ah great! that picture was a great help!

I won't be using 2 or more different lights because I want to keep it bright blue.
The idea is to but the Vantec fan controller with the blue light behing it too ;-)
Also, led fan's aren't going to be an option as I do not want to have too much light in it. It's going to be a black case and I wan't a sort of glow effect, and I like that best if there's not too much light you see?

thanks anyways for the great post!

I gave my tri led fans away after purchasing 2 12" and 2 4" UV cathodes to maintain one color. Not to mention the extra light is bad for UV. Anyway I think 2 is the way to go. Just my opinion.

Back