• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7II - Will not Suspend to RAM - Why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I have two TH7II mobos and I can get niether to properly suspend to RAM. One machine simply hangs at the "Preparing to suspend to RAM" message. The reset button is the only escape. The other, seems to properly suspend to RAM but waking it up is impossible. A loud tone is briefly heard from the speaker and it goes right back into what appears to be the suspend mode. STR S3 is set in both bioses and I am using W-XP.

Has anyone successfully achieved suspending a TH7II to RAM or know that it cannot be done? Any help will be appreciated.

Do you have SP1?
And how much Ram?
There are lotsa reasons why STR could cause trouble.
5v standby supply at least 2 amps
All drivers and inf, Iaa , add in cards.

Last edited:
S3 mode

You know, mine doesn't do it ether I I tried lot's of thinks, ones I was be able to make it to work but then it's gone. So I kind of give up on that and instad I do S4 (Hibernate). Not as fast as S3, but I'm ok with that.

I don't know if still trying to make it work.

For WIN-XP
you have to set S3 in the BIOS before you install windows xp.
then you want to remove everything from the computer(I mean all of the PCI cards). Leave only HD, Video
Start it up and install WIN-XP and try S3
if it works then start adding PCI cards and see....

Would not work for me either, I tried just about everything, reinstalling with s3 enabled in bios was first but no go. Doing it without any cards would be imposible for me because the board wont recognize any new cards without reinstalling os with the cards in. So every time I put a new card in I have to format and reinstall the os, lots of fun. Just a querky board I guess. So now she stays powered up 24/7 and folds. I feel better about the steady temps anyway.

Patrick

Suspend to RAM does not work with a tv card in your system. You could try to install the latest WDM drivers from the vendor's homepage...

Been there and done that. Does not work

Some people say that it was working in earlier version of Abit bios

It is your tv card. The device driver is not ACPI compatible. You can't do anything about it... I have the same problem!

I have ATI 7200 64DDR VIVO witj the latest Catalyst 3.x

The way I did it ones is using dumppo.exe.

Do the search on Google group how to use "dumppo.exe"
and try.

dumppo.exe works in Windows XP

Back