• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anton

I've been looking at the sound blaster live 5.1 sound card, and am curious as to how my 5.1 speaker system will hook up to it.

Right now I'm using a cheap 6 channel sound card, it has 3 out puts; front, back and center.

On the Sound Blaster live 5.1 it looks like there's only front and back output, no center channel.

My speaker system hooks up with 3 input wires, front, back and center. Are most 5.1 speaker systems like this (3 wires go to sound card)? Or is there some way of hooking it up to the Sound Blaster live that I don't know about?

Dscf0022.jpg

This picture shows how my speakers connect to my sound card with 3 outputs. I want to know how I would connect these speakers to a sound blaster live 5.1 that only appears to have 2 outputs, front and back.
Thanks

The SBLive 5.1 has 5 jacks on the back.

Digital out/Center-Sub Out

Line In

Line Out (front)

Line Out (Rear)

Mic In.

cmcquistion said:
The SBLive 5.1 has 5 jacks on the back.

Digital out/Center-Sub Out

Line In

Line Out (front)

Line Out (Rear)

Mic In.

Ok so do I just connect my center speaker and sub to the Digital out/Center-Sub out jack? I thought the digital out was something different.

Yes, you do. The jack can be used for Digital Audio out, OR Center/Sub Out. I believe it is will do Center/Sub by default. You can change through software to do digital out, if you want to.

Back