• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap homemade pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude_drew

I am going to build my own pc and I want to save money. I will get a A7N8X, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, 512MB Corsair XMS PC3200 DDRram and a nice Chieftec case w/430w psu. I will probably need newer parts and stuff because my 1997 (200MHz K6) is very old. Could I use those listed above and use parts from this computer? http://store.yahoo.com/tigerdirect-com/n52-1070-p.html That probably awouldnt be my first pick because it has Lindows, but the parts would be newer so it should work. thanks in advance for your expertise.

I wouldnt use any of the parts from those machines becuase they are cheap, and cheap parts are normally bad parts. You could actually probably save money by buying the rest of the parts that you need instead of buying that walmart machine.

Back