• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Motherboard Should I choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shx13

Hello Guys,
I have been posting a lot these past days so I hope Im not bothering you :) Anyway, I am going to buy an AMD 1.4 Ghz Processor. I am also going to grab some PC2100 DDR Ram. I would like to know if you guys can tell me the motherboard that you would choose if you were in my situation. I want a motherboard that has a 266 FSB with an ALi MaGiK 1 or AMD 761 chipset. I probably will not overclock the proc or motherboard :-( so it doesnt really need to be superbly overclockable. I would just like to know which motherboard I should get that is best for gaming / basic usage. Please give me your opinion on which motherboard is best for its price. Thank you very much!

P.S> Is the ALi MaGiK 1 or the AMD 761 the way to go? Which chipset is more stable and better. Which is best for its price?

I have heard that the KA266 is somewhat less stable than the Asus A7A266. Doesn't this board use the ALi MaGiK 1 chipset? As I asked earlier, is tha ALiMaGiK a better deal than the 761?

Back