• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A+ certification

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sk-

I didnt know where to post this so i figured here. ANyways I got some spare time now and why not study a little for the A+ certification test.

Can anyone recommand a good book that will prepare me well for the test.

hmmm, trying to remember what I used. Seems like it was longer than two years ago. I think it was published by Coriolis, but I could be wrong...

The best way that I've found to look for a good cert book would be to go to a Barnes&Noble or Borders or similar bookstore and thumb through the first few chapters. Get a feel for how the author conveys his knowledge. Make sure it's compatible with your learning style. Make sure you know whether or not you'll use any extras that come with (flash cards, sample tests, software, etc).

Hey,
I live in France and I read about that A+ certificate too. For the same reasons as sk-. I decided to study for it.
I have ordered this book :
A+ Certification Kit
written by Groth & Newland
Edited by Sybex International
take a look at : www.sybex.com

The best books I've found for this are published by Sybex, very well laid out and easy to learn from and they usually contain practice exam cds as well. Check out you larger second hand book stores or Ebay first as second hand copies do turn up alot cheaper than new.

$139 USD for the 1st exam
$139 USD for the 2nd exam

This is not a cheap test. Tech books are full of errors as they all are rushed becuase they are obsolete by the time they are printed....

So read 2 books as this is not a cheap test

yeah I have read through a book in Waterstones and I could pick out a few things that were "wrong" but mainly that because they are years and years out of date...

but then some guy in the general computer related discussion forum said he recently took the test and that itself is still out of date, so no wonder - seems a bit silly that they havent give it a major overhaul

ninthebin said:
yeah I have read through a book in Waterstones and I could pick out a few things that were "wrong" but mainly that because they are years and years out of date...

but then some guy in the general computer related discussion forum said he recently took the test and that itself is still out of date, so no wonder - seems a bit silly that they havent give it a major overhaul

The lat update to the exame was in DEC of 2002 if memory serves me correct.... if it was not 2002 it was DEC 2001 then...

They updated the exame to include Win 2K, as the last, older version was based on DOS, Win 3.1 and 95

Back