• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

on die sensor?? 60 deg!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bullion

Registered
Hi all,
I recently got a 2100 aiuhb. Im running it on a soltek sl75drv5 that recently got rma'd and consequently i am under the belief it is a new board. What is puzzling me is my temps. I believe my old board did not measure the on die sensor (or atleast my motherboard monitoring program did not report it) now i find that I have 3 temp readings. 1 i know is the case sensor cable thats fine. the other is similar to my old temp reading 41-44 deg and the other i believe is the on die temp of around 60 deg the cooler is a volcano 7+ usually set to "loud mode" (fast). Is this legitimate?? I have it overclocked to 13*175 (2275mhz). I vaugly remember reading some time ago that most motherboard monitors read the socket temp but the actual on die temp[ was higher, and that the 90deg that amd quote is infact this on die temp?? Am I right??

Cheers

I wouldn't worry about the temps too much, as long as the system is stable. I usually do 6 - 12 hours of Prime95, and if the system passes that test, then I'll consider it stable no matter what the temp sensors say.

However, if you have reason to believe your sensors are accurate, you do not want to be getting near 90C. Temps like that will probably cause you to lose your stability, and shorten the life of your chip over a period of time.

You can probably find out the specs of your motherboard by searching on goggle. If it reads the socket sensor, then I would be somewhat concerned with those temps, and you might want to consider remounting your heatsink.

that sounds about right. i have one of hoot's diode readers and idling i get about 55C, under load its around 60's while the socket one reads 44 idle and maybe 48-50 under load.

yeah the diode always reads hotter then any of my other sensors. It was at like 56 for me while the thermoresitor was at 45.

Back