• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I Hose My Bud's Audigy Platinum Front Panel??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

23skidoo

Registered
I do a lot of home building and tinkering and recently upgraded a friend's system with a new motherboard, vid card, cpu, hard drive and memory. The case and power supply were recent and adequate so no changes were needed there. He had one of those Audigy Platinum 2 rigs and I just removed the cables from the card, not from the front panel setup. Everything went back together sweetly and he's loving all that Tbred 2100+ goodness. The only fly in the ointment is the f%@*&in front panel is DOA.

I did have to pull the power connector from the front panel just so I could get the psu cables out of my way. Well, it was the last thing to plug in, it was late and I couldn't remember the plug orientatiion when I pulled it off and Creative were'nt very helpful by just providing a bare-pin connector with no socket or key to orient the forgetful, so I just connected it the same way the floppy was and powered up the system. Sound card works just fine, front panel nada; reverse the power pin fire up the system, same result, no funcionare the bloody little beast.

I wont be ashamed if someone asks me "did you push the little reset button on the back" or "did you check the fuse?" In fact I'd be delighted because it would mean I maybe didn't smoke the stupid thing. I don't know what it is, but once a thing has more than two cables and four jumpers my brain starts fogging up; give me a good old PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA any day over something like this. I'd even take 0000007B over having to futz around with this hose monster any more.

The new board is an Albatron KX400-8X and the on-board sound is disabled in bios setup. Any help at all would be appreciated cause I'd like to see what it's supposed to do.

I saw there is a separate forum for sound cards after I posted here so mods please feel free to relocate :p ;) :D

I think there is only one way to plug in the power plug into the live drive. If you reverse it, it should not go in unless forced.

Back