• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Killed Antec Fans...??? Argh....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mirko_3

Ok, so now what happened? I've had so much trouble with my computer these days... oh well, here's what happened:
I was moving 2 of the 3 80mm fans to the 'fan only' connectors of my Antec True Power 480W... result: the 2 fans didn't boot up, and neither did the 2 PS fans!
I remember that, when I first installed the PS (couple weeks ago) I had tried to connect my 80mm fans to the 'fan only' connectors, but they where rotating too slow and so moved them. But the PS fans worked ok. Only now, when I try to repeat the thing, it doesn't work. There's no way I have now to make my PS fans work, I've tried... I've also verified that the ps fans themselves work, by connecting them to another 2-pin thingie (the one on my radeon... lol) so either something burned in the PS and now it can't power up the 2 ps fans...

Ok, now, any idea? Thanks in advance!:rolleyes:

Sounds like you fried something. Can you RMA the PSU ?

If not, I would suggest snipping off the 2 pin plugs on the
PSU fans, and powering them off one of the working molex
connectors with a 7v mod. (Fan wires to red 5v and yellow 12v)

Back