• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which one to believe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

Sandra 2003 is showing my vcore at 1.76 on my k7s5a w/xp1600 on 300w psu, while the Sis Monitor shows it at 2.56 or something, which one do you think is more accurate, and why would they have such a big difference in measurments...
(most the other voltage measurements are closer in both programs)..

Thanks

Seems like Sandra is fudging. Personally, I would trust the program that is designed specifically to work with your CPU, but unless you have one incredibly tough CPU and an incredible overclock....Sandra is right. Check that vcore out more closely. Matter of fact, next time you reboot check you vcore in your BIOS. I doubt you're putting 2.56 volts through that chip, but if you are...heh, cool, what are your temps. :mad: FIRE!
:D

stock vcore goin through an XP1600+ is 1.75 volts. So Sandra saying that it is 1.76v is correct. I know, I know, it's 1.76 and not 1.75 but these things happen. :) Anyway, Sandra is correct, SiS monitor is...wrong, dead wrong. Like I said unless Sandra is wrong and you overclocked the life outta one tough little CPU. :)
So let's break it down. Stock voltage is 1.75volts, Sandra says 1.76 volts...I assume you are running a stock XP1600+, so Sandra is right, SiS is wrong. Easy enough.

Sandra 2 : SiS monitor 0

Back