• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 2.1 speaker set?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I third the Klipsch 2.1 set, I currently own one and they are truly amazing. The bass is good and punchy but it won't drown out the sattelites, wich are the bread and butter of the system. The sattelites on the klipsch actually sound better than my JBL Northridge N26 ht speakers the sound is so clean and precise you'll actually hear stuff in your music you never heard before :)

Altec/Lansing offer good sound reproduction for the money.

But dude, forget what is said here, go and listen to them yourself. Good sound is in the ear of the beholder. Purchase what you think sounds best for what you have to spend.

Hey, I'd love to have a BOSE setup, but I can't afford it. :(

you could check into the logitech z340's or the Altec Lansing ATP-3's or the newly released cyber acoustics 3095's. Those should be in the price range your looking for.

my speakers!!!! lolz... they were just the cost of some Generic sheilded speakers (really sounds nice), particle board from Home Depote, a cheap car equilizer/amp (25 wat), an old car amp, an old sub that is just a big plasic cylinder w/ and 8in dual channel sub in it,i like it, i never have to use it full power either:D

i think they would kinda have to, for the most part speakers like that come w/ the cables in them.. you cant take em off or put some on w/o taking them apart and they wouldnt do that to you, the only cable that is totaly detachable usualy is the one that goes form teh Amp/sub to the cmputer and you can buy a cable like that at radioshack for really cheap anyways...:D

Great I placed the order for the ATP-3s. Now another quick: is there a Y adapter for the audio out port on the sound card because sometimes I have to use headphones and so I'd just like to turn of the speakers and put 'em on.

got the atp-3s today and wow music sounds so much better than my old $10 gateway speaks. anyone help me out with the question in the last post?

Back