• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Incorrect Temp readings on ABIT NF7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kapheen

My temps are reading (in bios) what I'm guessing is about 20-25 degrees to low, Right now it says I'm at: Case temp = 16, CPU Temp = 22, This is under full load. Prime95 has been running for about 3 hours now with no problems. I'd like to OC higher but I dont wanna damage my cpu.

I've tried two different bios flashes and still no go, If the pin under the cpu isnt touching the cpu I understand it would make the cpu temp off, But not this much, And the case temp is low too.

Anyways, Any ideas ??

Thanks in advance.

only suggestion is get hardware monitoring

the older bioses had temps way too high and the newer ones have temps way too low

Have you tried the 15 bios?
My temps in the bios are just about right on according to Sisoft and the Hardware Doctor. Maybe a degree or two low but much better than they were with the 12 bios (never tried 13).

Emericana said:
only suggestion is get hardware monitoring

can you specify please.

I have a probe from a volcano 9 HS-fan, I was wondering if I could connect it to the motherboard in some way to get the readings ?

i mean like getting a external temperature monitor like compunurse (i use the lianli lcd one that i picked up at compusa for $15).... you take off your heatsink and touch the temp probe to the side of your core and you get accurate readings then.

Emericana said:
i mean like getting a external temperature monitor like compunurse (i use the lianli lcd one that i picked up at compusa for $15).... you take off your heatsink and touch the temp probe to the side of your core and you get accurate readings then.

cheers,

so what's your reading using this technique compared to the bios reading and the MBM reading ?

Back