• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for card with audigy 2 (plat) features but higher quality card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timmyqwest

Disabled
I dont want to spend anything over 200...maybe 230. There are a few out there who seem to think that the audigy 2 is a crap card (there is an equally if not larger amount of poeople who feel it is a wonderful card however...just go read the reviews @ newegg.com for example).

I need it to have the same/more features

Plug my guitar into it
midi in/out
firewire (would be nice)
output for headphones
remote (would again...be nice)

When it comes to EAX features, i dont think any card has the abilities of the Audigy 2...since EAX is a Creative thing

Well, the professional sound cards can be found here:

http://www.guitarvision.com/mf/mf_frameset.htm

In search type in M-Audio Delta and there should be many cards. You can pick what is right for you buy reading on reviews or whatever. But Evnas, those cards are way better than the Audigy series. Regardless of EAX or not, their drivers are under a meg yet you get what you paid for.

if you need it plugged in the delta can do it..

701376.jpg

and just to follow up on the other thread... i was not saying anything bad about what you said. i was simply pointing out that the audigy 2 is not the be-all and end-all of master sound cards.

Maxvla said:
if you need it plugged in the delta can do it..

701376.jpg

and just to follow up on the other thread... i was not saying anything bad about what you said. i was simply pointing out that the audigy 2 is not the be-all and end-all of master sound cards.

That maybe way out of his range though - 379.99 for the Delta 1010LT.

The Delta 410 is suppose to be a very good card and it is exactly 200.00 .

Yodums said:

oops!

read the wrong line. :eek:

yeah thats probably way out of his range. i thought i was clicking on something else. :rolleyes:

Yodums said:

Buy at digitalconnections for about $50 less. That's where I buy my audio cards.

If you're going to spend $200 on a crap AC97 bound audigy2, why not spend the extra $50 for a *real* card?

get a M-audio Revolution, its the closest thing to a consumer type audigy card from m-audio and it will give you the best of both worlds, pro and consumer. if that isn' good enough then I would recomend the DiO from M-audio as the next step up. or, i you want the breakout box try the terratec dmx fire 7.1
________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited:
Back