• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Truepower 430 and "fan bus"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evnas

Im looking into buying one of the PSUs (got a generic 300w right now which is surprising me and holding its own...for now, heh), and i was wondering about this fan control ive read about in the Newegg reviews. That sounds like something i would be interested in since of got 4 80mm fans (one is a Vantec Tornado) and 3 60mm fans in my system, heh. Anyways, any info on this would be great

the antec true power 430 has two "fan only" molex connectors that is controlled by the PSU depending on its thermal readings within the PSU unit.

I use the two "fan only" molexs for my rear exhaust fans and they spin pretty slow (~2500 rpms) which is fine by me as it provides a postive pressure within my case without taking away too much cooling. However, if I wanted more juice, i would just use the regular molex connectors...

hope this helps

p.s. the PSU itself is a great unit, very good power lines, very very quiet, i highly recommend it.

Thanks guys. 2 Molex is exactly what i need...ive got all my case fans running off the same connector anyways, and my Tornado (cooling my CPU very well) will just be hooked up to the other. The only one i really want to hook up is the Tornado anyways :p

Antec only recommeds running 3 fans off the fanonly connector
since that line is also powering the PSU fans. I think....

Great PSU !

Hmmm...maybe ill just hook my Tornado up to it then. My other 6 fans arent that bad (they are Sunon so they are pretty quiet)

Bon3thugz43v3r said:
Yea i know, the fan only connectors are horrible. the fan loses like a ton of air. I consider putting ur fan on the fan only line a "5 volt" mod. :mad:

That's almost exactly what the "fan-only" connectors are: 5 volts at their slowest speed. As the PSU loads up the voltage slowly increases to a little over 10 volts max. I measured these voltages with my multi-meter.

Back