• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you think of my cooling? more ? in post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
i want to upgrade to a 2100 tbred soon, and im not really sure how cooling them goes. i have an alpha pal8045, sunon 84cfm, and great case airflow.

heres a pic of what im doing right now with my 1600+
http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0103/temps.JPG
also, its pretty chilly here...

i try to leave my cpu fan on low most of the time, its on high while im at school and work and stuff, but while im gaming, i try to keep it as low as possible.

if i get the 2100, should i upgrade to an slk-800, or slk-900 or what? i really do like the slk-900 for the sole reason that it hooks into the motherboard holes. i feel much safer that way.

the stupid rheobus died today (3.5 bay model from www.pcmods.com ...dont know what happened) so im stuck using the fan at full tilt (way too loud when im trying to sleep) but it cools well as you can see.

let me know what i should do!

RangerJoe

Uh... shouldn't you keep your fan running at full speed when you're gaming (because your CPU heats up)?

Anyway, you can make the fan run at 7V, but that might not keep the CPU cool enough for gaming (it requires opening up your case and cutting up, and connecting a few wires, which might discourage you)

The 2100 T-bred-b (The chip I am currently using), does in fact get pretty hot. If you push it.

With your current set-up, you should be *ok* on safe temps. However, if you are really going to push the chip you might want to invest in an 800 or 900.

I think your fine with your current setup to at least pop the chip in and measure temps, and most likely be able to use it for gaming and such. Although if you really want a huge overclock out of it you might have to go to an SLK-800+ to be able to dissipate heat enough without extraordinary fan noise.

Basically, buy the chip, see how she does. If it looks too hot for your tastes, order the better heatsink, all the while keeping the clock reserved and still being able to do everything you have been. :)

P.S. I wish I would have at least gotten the 700 myself =) All copper really does win.

;)

Back