• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange result OC of P4 1.8A on Asus P4T-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thomassp

Hi all
As I am new to this forum, I greet you OC Gurus out there and hope you can help me understand something.

I have OC'ed my P4 1.8A to 2.4 with 133MHz bus, RDRAM Mulitplier=3, Turbo=On

When I boot my system, it sometimes takes up to 1min for the system to get past the POST. I get NO error messages, and when the OS is ready, there's no symptoms of any kind that anything is wrong.

Any Ideas anyone ?

Thomas

P4 [email protected] w/std.cooler
1 GB Rambus ECC 400Mhz
ATI Radeon VE 64Mb
Promise FastTrak TX2 IDE Raid
2xWestern Digital 80Gb SE 8Mb in Raid 0
2xCoolerMaster Cooldrive
HP DVD 100i
HP 9300
Chieftec Dragon Midi Tower w/std. PSU
2xEKL Papst chassis coolers

Last edited:
Not sure what is going on. I had a P4 1.6A in a P4B266-C and it would do the same thing. If I lowered the FSB, it would boot a LOT faster. The twist is that I got a new mobo (P4S533) and CPU (1.8A), I gave my girlfriend the 1.6A/P4B266-C combo and she hasn't had this problem. I think it might have been my specific RAM stick that was causing the anomaly or the RAM slot my stick was in.

One other possibility is a usb device. I had the same problems while using a usb mouse. I ended up using the ps2 adapter that came with it and this solved the problem.

So if you are using a usb mouse, try using a ps2 mouse or just unplug it to see if the system boots up any quicker.

hope this helps!

rek :)

I had that problem with my USB mouse on my old P4T-E as rekless said. All I did was used a USB to PS2 converter.

Back