• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD or INTEL????????????????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joey_rjm5

I am wondering if I should go with an AMD system or an Intel system. OI am wanting to get a geforce 2 and I want to onerclock and be able to overclock as much as possible. What works best, easiest and with the least amount of problems.

Tacoman667 (Jun 08, 2001 11:01 p.m.):
Whoa!! Dejavu. I thought I just read this in AMD CPU's...............

how do you like your geforce2 I am looking at a few candidates

i would choose AMD..
had a ASUS CUSL2-C+P111 933/1162MHZ.
with the rams set at 166FSB on CAS 2.
the mem bandwidth sucks so much compared to my setup now even with for clock for clock with the same multi,fsb.
AMD thrashed it.....

GOD....

joey1639, Why are you wasting valuble space in the forum by posting the same thing in 4 different places? This should have been posted in general discussion and left at that. By your profile, you have been here long enough to know better.
I was just wondering, does joey1639 stand for your age - 16 and you IQ -39 ?

Wait for the nForce chipset to be released. It beats the P4 in membandwith and it is also amd so you get the best odf both worlds

Da Whip (Jun 09, 2001 08:38 a.m.):
joey1639, Why are you wasting valuble space in the forum by posting the same thing in 4 different places? This should have been posted in general discussion and left at that. By your profile, you have been here long enough to know better.
I was just wondering, does joey1639 stand for your age - 16 and you IQ -39 ?

Oooo, good deductive reasoning with the 1639 thing. I am 17 and have been nominated for the Who's Who Among American High School Students award, which is only given to 5% of the countries high school students. Why do you even care. I just want to get as much help as possible and make the best decision possible. If you haven't noticed the discussion in each room has led to different ways of thinking, which will inturn help me to make the best decision. I am sorry for wasting this valuable space, but I want to put a lot of thought into my next system and if getting a lot of replies helps me do that I will not hesitate. I don't have the money to change my system around if I am not pleased. Why hasn't any one else said anything? You could have just told me it wasn't acceptable to do so. You didn't have to insult me

Sorry I cant think of a better name than joey1639 but what do you yhink about the following: Da Paddle, Booyah, Kriss_Kross, or (of course) Da Bomb. Are they acceptable, DA WHIP

I knew someone like you would come try to look cool.

I should get to sleep (yawn). I'm going wakeboarding tomorrow at 8:30 and I'm staying out on the boat all day until about 10:00pm. Ohh the horrors of no responsibilities.

It was meant as friendly ribbing, I did not mean to offend.
As far as you trying to get as much info and opinions as possible, thats all fine and dandy. But at the expense of others is plain selfish and dare I say childish. Most of us here do not have unlimited funds for our systems, but somehow manage to get by w/o posting everyone but the President.

Sorry if I have caused a problem and somehow wasted everyones valuble time. I just don't see how it was at the expense of others. I'll just get a better username and e-mail and come back in the future, knowing the appropriate way to use the forum, of course. Thanks for the much needed constructive criticism. It's a good thing you came along to set me straight or else I would have continued my selfish and childish ways, and continued to recieve information at the expense of others.

Back