• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

q149

On my computer i have windows 2000 pro and windows 98SE so i get to choose which one at boot. well i don't want windows 98SE so how can i remove it can i just delete the Windows folder?

thx

first and foremost dont delete the windows folder.. ;) second, in Win98 (most versions anyways) when you do into add/remove programs, there was an option to unisntall Win98, try that (which will leave you with DOS X.XX and Win 2K). If you got plenty of space on your HDD you can just ingore it and remove the win98 boot option in the boot.ini file so it will auto start with Win2k and Win98 won't even be an option

Ok well i have windows98se in Windows folder and win2kpro in WINNT so how do i do this boot ****

If you upgraded from Windows 98, then you should have an uninstall for Windows 98, if so, do that.

If Win98 is on another partition, and you installed it seperately, see if it's on the uninstall menu.

If it's not uninstallable, edit C:\Boot.ini, and take out the "Windows 98" line, then delete anything you want from the partition Windows 98 is installed on, notably the \WINDOWS dir. If it's on it's own dir, you can take out the other folders you aren't using aswell, like \Program Files

Back