• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bad news

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CharlesHF

:mad:
My dad's DSL modem at his office is dead and a new one won't be in until Thursday!! (2/20/03) :rolleyes:
There went all but 3.6 GHz of my folding farm! :(

Special note to Gnerma and Edward2: Gnerma, you WILL stay behind me, I don't care what it comes to. Edward2, looks like you'll be in the lead for a little while. ;)

edit: I guess the only good part about it is that he's going from 512 to 1.5Mb. :D

Oh looky Charles has lost the majority of his folding farm... You know what they say, boy. "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." Especially if it is neither your basket or your eggs. Prepare to be pwned.

I still have 3.6GHz going, and I'm going to leave my computer on 24/7 now (which I usually don't) just to try and keep you off my tail! :eek:

a ha ha ha ha! I am now equal to your folding prowess and I will totally take advantage of your cripled folding state.....and not loose massive ground to you....sigh.....

CharlesHF said:
I still have 3.6GHz going, and I'm going to leave my computer on 24/7 now (which I usually don't) just to try and keep you off my tail! :eek:

Don't fight it Charles, accept defeat like a man.

defeat.gif

"now tell them what they've won!!!!!!!"

The heat is on Chucky, better started scrambling..... :D

Wedo

[Off topic]Wedo, congrats on 3 days of being smoke free!! :D [/Off topic]

Yeah, I went down there and took a look at it.....it's dead. I can get inside of the DSL modem from the network but that's it....it's like the oldest DSL modem that Sprint has and now it's either dead or outdated. With this new modem they're getting a router. :D Yet another toy for my collection. :)

You cats are a trip and for that Survey says deal.........that was good looks like someone is putting a hurtin on ol Photoshop.

Sorry bro,hehehe.

Looks like 10K for me befor you :)

It is 5:40 PM and will be there in about 50 min :p

It was a good run though. You will be to 20K befor me.

Thespis377 said:
Charles, that is an old one. You should have gotten rid of that thing a LONG time ago.

I had that idea, especially since it only lets 5 connections to it at once, which is annoying since I have all 6 computers folding. :mad:
I also knew something was wrong when the DSL modem takes more than 3-5 minutes to sync up. :rolleyes: That's the reason it was never turned off unless it was absolutely necessary.
At least there's another one coming. :)

Thespis377 said:
Another Alcatel on it's way? I don't like their usb DSL modems, but their Ethernet DSL Modems kick butt!

Um, I'm not sure. Everything I know is from my dad, and he said it would have a router inside it as well.
This one wasn't USB, it was Ethernet.

Back