• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

more intake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nokiaXP

can i have more intake fans than exhaust fans inside the case?can it effect the airflow in the case?so what is the best combination

You can have as many as you want. But they won't help you to cool down your box. I believe that neutral air pressure is way to go.

linlibj said:
You can have as many as you want. But they won't help you to cool down your box. I believe that neutral air pressure is way to go.
what u mean?pls explain more details,thanks

same intake/exhaust airflow ratio. Whcih means you must have the same air blowing in than out, you have to measure your fans cfm to achieve something close to neutral ( a little more negative i.e. outake would be a good idea) but the best way is to try yourself. Fool around with different combos until you get desired temps

temp drop

i go and cut 1 of the metal grill behind the case where the exhaust fan located.the temp drop 5c.i going to cut another metal grill below coz got two.i already can 1 only.hopefully temp can drop again

its ok to have negative pressure in your case as long as you have all the places you dont want air coming in sealed up its fine... i have almost no intake except one fan cuz i cant have it pulling out the other side since there is something there... i have just big open holes for the intakes.. granted dust is a big problem that is simply remedied... but if you do it right it dosnt matter,

yeah, negative pressure is better for hot spots too. As an example, i tried my rear exhaust fan to be intake, and the hd and video card temps went up almost 10ºC!!! Damn radeon got up to 48º and crashed!!! :eek: but the cpu got 3º less. Anyway i believe the video card and hd are more sensitive to heat so i kept it exhaust. But a good way to get rid of noise and get better airflow is to chop out the "grills" (just a bunch'a holes) in some crappy cases like mine...

PhobMX said:
yeah, negative pressure is better for hot spots too. As an example, i tried my rear exhaust fan to be intake, and the hd and video card temps went up almost 10ºC!!! Damn radeon got up to 48º and crashed!!! :eek: but the cpu got 3º less. Anyway i believe the video card and hd are more sensitive to heat so i kept it exhaust. But a good way to get rid of noise and get better airflow is to chop out the "grills" (just a bunch'a holes) in some crappy cases like mine...
how many exhaust fans u can put in your case behind?mine is 2.i already cut 1 of the metal grill.going to cut another.hopefully the temp will continue drop

nokiaXP said:

how many exhaust fans u can put in your case behind?mine is 2.i already cut 1 of the metal grill.going to cut another.hopefully the temp will continue drop

i only have one hole, not even space to make another one, so i just suggest the rear one is exhaust, hot spots and modern video cards dont mix, but i cant be sure on how much your temps will drop, it depends a lot on you ambient temp. Might be 3-10º

Back