• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

those "deadlineless" WU's still out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

I know this is a real noob q... but I'm setting up a dual 533 mhz PPGA celly on a BP6, because I figured it could chew away on those WU's without deadline..

But are they still out there?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Flixotide

GAH units have no deadlines if that's what you want to do. A 533 celly on 24/7 should complete the WUs in time though.

flixotide said:
You sure?

It'd be a shame if it didn't....

Someone else can back me up on this, but I believe the deadlines were created so a P200 can just barely finish the unit in time.

That'd be nice... a dually 533 added to my farm wouldn't be bad...

I seem to have an endless struggle to get even close to EC's production rate....

OSUmaxx said:

Someone else can back me up on this, but I believe the deadlines were created so a P200 can just barely finish the unit in time.

That was my understanding as well. I fold on K6-2 450's on two machines and Pentium II 500's on three machines, they take forever, but make deadlines so 533's should be no issue.

I think I've even seen a few people that have said their p166 has finished units on time but I think 200mhz is about as low as people want to go.

Sweet.... one dual 533 will be added early next month...

Finally I found a use for it...

well for the longest time the rig in my sig has been my only folder, now i've got my friends 1g athlon a few hours a day though it dosent help much~RCTG

Back