• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Cooler Copper Silent - Too Good ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dummnutzer

looks promising, but i dont quite understand where they replaced the thermal paste with Tin, are they talking about between the copper and aluminum?

not worth your money.

the only copper is a small plate (similar to a coldplate used with pelts) but normal heatsinks dont gain the advantage of using this plate like tec's do. This will only serve to give the heat more interfaces to travel through = not good. the thermal resistance rating can be compared to other heatsinks on the overclockers.com heatsink roundup, but i question how they calculated that number. by just looking at the design i would say that the rating is far below whats realistic, but thats just my opinion.

i would expect that it would work fine for stock cpu settings, but i wouldnt expect to get any overclocking help from it. :)

okay i just looked at the second link... i wouldnt trust this cooler any farther than i could throw my pc. Even if you just look at their product explanation you can see all the propaganda they are throwing in with this heatsink... they are saying a bunch of things with flowery words that sound good but its obvious that it is just promotion and means nothing in real results, even the things they say will make the heatsink better really make it worse. bad product.

Back