• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WaterCooling a GA-7DX rev 4.0 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cBar

Registered
I'm wondering if any one has used this mobo for H2O?

I started out trying to find an heat sink and fan combo. I took a gander to alpha's site to find spec's on the PAL8045t. It seems this board is not supported for proper installation. I'm assuming swiftech's huge hunk of copper/aluminum wont fit either.

Although the board has the four hole mounting, I'm (obviously) wondering if I will have troubles with water blocks also?

Yes, the alpha is a hugh hunk of aluminum and copper. But it works really well!:D I'm currently using the same alpha on my soyo dragon ultra, and the d-tek tc-4 that I got in the mail a few weeks ago is quite a bit smaller in all dimensions compared to the alpha. It is still heavy and definately needs the four mounting holes. I just wouldn't trust anything that massive hanging off of my socket. Looking at the board I believe the alpha might not fit. The capacitor on the lower left of the socket looks awfully close to me. I do think most waterblocks would fit quite nicely.

I just finished looking at swiftech's mcw5000-a it uses clips instead of hole mounting. Is it worth the $50 - 60 usd?

Back