• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 300a @ 450

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FishNiX

Chicago (originally a Connecticut Resident)
Does this bring you back? me too!

now what should i do with it? i have a soyo board that has everything on it basically. (just pulled it from my moms PC, have her an nforce and my old tbird 1.4)

Also got a p5a and a k6-2 350 that overclocks to 450-472 (depending on cooling/case) -- this one just came from my brother who i gave a duron

It seems pointless to sell them...they are already worth almost nothing... but i already have a PII266 working as my firewall/router and i dont want to spend more money on them either...

any ideas?

cheers!

Folding perhaps?

Its probably decent as a desktop machine for basic email/web surfing too.

yeah, folding might be good.

i have no spare cases, only one spare hard drive (9.1gig) and no spare network cards or video cards...

i was considering picking up a few extra network cards and making it a remote backup server using nfs or scp or something... i have a spare 120gig drive doing the job locally in my 'real' machine now.

You could always build your own case, or set up something really ghetto with cardboard or something.

If you want to try folding, you could set up the celeron and the pII as a miny Yatta-like setup. Then you wouldn't need hard drive for one of the machines. You can probably find some NICs and video cards for cheap, if you look around.

that t-bird is still worth somthing.

You could make a folding or seti farm,

right now the cely is sitting on a cardboard box and i turn it off and on with a paperclip :D

i've been considering a new vid card after tax season (my first year as a contracter...self employment tax is killer), so then i can use my geforce2 mx for the k6-2

what is a Yatta-like setup? is it a cluser or jsut a network boot situation?

the tbird went to my mom in connecticut...im in chicago now ;)

whoaa .. wait now .. up until last month, my celly 300a@450 still running good on my sis' PC .. it will hold just fine for internet browsing and chatting stuff, just no games would run smoothly on it :D .. that was when she asked me for an upgrade, and I gave her a duron 950mhz w/ a new mobo .. lol :D .. while I just upgraded my XP 1800+ into 2100+ when I feel like it ... what a world :D ....

FishNiX said:

what is a Yatta-like setup? is it a cluser or jsut a network boot situation?

Its a network boot. If your interested, look around in the folding forum, I believe they have a sticky that explains how to set up things like that.

Back