• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sgt_Jatt

Registered
I have a 2000+XP cpu, all is well but I have just got a brand new 1700XP+, as they can overclock more.
What I did was to shut down, remove the old cpu(2000+), and fit the 1700+.
Well, what happened next I wasn't expecting..
I turned on the power switch and the green power light came on, the HD activity light flashes as if all is ok, but my monitor shows the No input Signal Message..
I then removed the 1700+, and put my old 2000+ cpu in and all is ok..
I have the ASUS A7V333 mobo, with the latest BIOS 1016.
So have I got a DOE(Dead On Arrival) cpu?
The reason I don't want it to be a dead one is because it is the JIUHB 0252 Tbred..and they can goto about 2.2GHz.:eek:

Does your current BIOS support TBRED B CPUs? You may have to flash to the latest version.

If I was you, I would start there. It could be a number of things.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO....
I did reset the CMOS, by taking out the battery and shorting the two contacts, before buting the battery back in, and it still never worked...
:(

Sgt_Jatt i know this dont have anything to do with your post but what size of pelt are you running to get thoes temps and what is your voltage and water temps

The pelt is a 226W, the volt is 1.85.
The water temps are at usually between 29-33
33 being the max when I have been playing online games for ages.
One thing I have mentioned in my sig is that I ma using 2 radiators, one before, and one after the maze3-1

thanks for the temp info i am hopeing that my single rad outside will do the job :) right now i use speed fan because my temp gets to low a collects moisture but that should work for at least the same temps i think mine i usualy run about 21 to 23c on my water temps but i would love thoes temps on this core it might see over 2.1 on a tbred a

was that temp taken from the die or ext.

externel temp monitor, I do get condinsation with those temps,and if i turn on the pelt for a few minutes before I power up, I get a big layer of ice over the copper block..the cold side, and then when I do power up, and play games the heat from the cpu melts it to water, so I have placed a small plastic tray, that is as wide as the maze itself,ontop of the northbridge heatsink, so this collects any water droplets, so they don't drop down onto the graphics card.

I had a similar issue, actually in my dragon+ (kt266a) I tried to upgrade my CPU from a 1700+ to a 2400+ but the comp just sat ther fans turned on and all but no beeps, no boot.

Then I put back my 1700+ in and it worked fine, after that I put the 2400+ in a GA-7VAX (kt 400) and it worked fine but for the fact that it was incorrectly identified as a 1800+ (i posted a thread asking for help about this under amd mobos) but it still worked even though I feared it was DOA

just a small rio 800 it pumps 200gph@ 0 feet but i start to get the condensation on my rubbermade resivor and a dont want any in my computer

i was just thinking about ice on my coldplate and i thought about weaterstriping for insulating that the self adheisve stuff and just sticking it to the coldplate

when it comes to super cooling..ie. using a pelt, you need to use thermal grease in the socket, and silicone around it and in the slug..this is to protect the mobo, and chip from water which may get in..thewre are articles on it all over..I'll try to find the site I did mine from.
I'll post it later.

Im not sure that all a7v333's can support tbred B's like the early revisions I think might not be able to. I'd check with asus. Make sure yours can.

Back