• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing my A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bafbrian

Here is the deal, I want to flash my A7N8X (new) so they I can get the dang thing to allow to use some higher multis and FSB with proc.

Does anyone have any tips so I don't end up screwing up my mobo with a Flash ?

I am aware that flashing can backfire, so I am prepared for the consequences.

processor issue not motherboard.....modifying bridges on processor will get high mult's but lose 12.5x and under) stick with low end and raise fsb to equal what ya got......(10x @ 166fsb) that is if you have pc2700 (333) and higher ram.....i wouldnt push pc2100 (266)...... cause mine wouldnt........stay in your league, 2100+'s and above are in another league of their own......palomino's are locked on multipliers and thourobreds ( i here and at least mine is) are factory unlocked.....

Last edited:
I wish mine came unlocked.

I am gonna unlock it anyway, but I was going to flash the mobo with 1002 bios direct from ASUS.

Actually, the 1001.G that my board shipped with would not allow me to change the multies of my tbred....

I flashed bios and it cured it.

1002 cleared up all problems. I just put it on a floppy, and hit F2(whatever the key is when rebooting) and flashed that way.

Back