• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ti4200 64mb v ti4200 128mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

angrysquirrel

Registered
I have an asus ti4200 video card w/ 64 mb. If I went up to the 128mb version, would I see a big performance increase? A new card for 128mb is about $145.

My other question is would it be better to put the money into a faster cpu? I have an 1800+ with a k7s5a mbo (ECS). Where do you figure the bottleneck is for faster performance? Argh. There's got to be an article somewhere that tells me... :) Thanks folks!

Dont get the 128mb video card, thats for sure.

As for the CPU, it couldnt hurt to get a new one (possably a 2100+ TBred), but a new mobo could definatly be a good thing to look at. The nForce2 boards are great

Looks like the bottle neck is in Evnas's mouth.

WHat kind Memory you got on that K7s5a?

May want to invest in some DDR.

512 Meg Kingston DDR 2100 (133 FSB) is $65 on newegg

plbowler said:
true, having hte whole neck in your mouth would make it foam too. As a self proclaimed Intel Fanboy, shouldn't you have some intel hardware in your rig?

A broke Intel fanboy goes with what he can get his hands on ;)

agreed...

and sorry for the thread hijack but...

between a 4200 64mb and 8500le 128??
i`m talking about a card that last 1-2 years maybe

The 64 mb Ti4200's have faster memory clocks than the 128mb version. If you'll be happy gaming at 1024x768 with decent frame rates, get the 64mb version. (It is teh fastar!)

If you want to run at 1600x1200, get the 128mb version, but you'll suffer because a) you'll be running at a higher res, and b) the memory is slower.

Back