• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Idea's to get my OC higher....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toxik co2

System: 2100+ AIUHB 0250, A7N8X, Corsair XMS3200 512, Water Cooled

Currently i'm at 12x199 at 1.85v and DDR FSB at 199FSB with 2.8v and 2.0T-3-3-7 timings.

With that setup after running Prime95 for a little over an hour I get a Hardware Error. My load temps are only 40C. I have tried setting the timings to 2.0T-2-2-5 to see if it would take an agressive setting but it still fails after an hour. Anyone else know what could be problem.

2400MHz at 1.85v is propably just a little bit too much for the chip! As your temps allow it, see if you can up the voltage to 1.9 and test again, if not then I'm afraid you'll have to give up the pretty number :(

That is kinda the thought in the back of my mind which means a voltage mod which I would rather not do to this board. The chip is only a week and a few days old. Maybe it needs time maybe it needs more voltage. :(

I'm thinking about maybe trying 13x183, 13.5x178, or 14x170 but I don't know if it's just a waste of time and this chip just doesn't wanna see 2.4GHz

well you can drop the speed a bit and burn in and see if that helps. many people reported that it helped them get higher speeds at same volts/lower volts at same speed

Back