• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAHAHA! really quiet pc, and idk how

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

Today cleaning my case with air duster, i managed to accidently put the end of the tube into the fan and it broke off 2 of the fins (it was a tt smartfan 2)

Anyway I noticed a few weeks ago that there was an unusual noise comming from my pc, I thought my hard drive was busted or something. Anyway while i was removing my broke smartfan, I decided to turn my hard drive off and see if the noise continued, and it did. So I removed the side case fan I have, a sunon quiet 80mm, and realized it was broken.

So after taking the fan off, I took my antec sleeve intake fan out of the front of my case and put it on my hsf after cleaning it. So that left me with 1 antec sleeve fan on my hs, and 2 of them on exhaust. Now running my pc at idle, i hit 45 celcious, my normal temp with my smartfan 2 at full speed was around 35-37. Load with this fan is around 50c, on my smartfan at full speedi t was 40=43 c. Running my smartfan at quiet mode, my temps were real high, idle at 49, load at 56.

So basically using an ax-7 with an antec sleeve fan and its going great, with a little dust cleaning. Keep in mind my cpu is overclocked at 1.75ghz, and my temps are actually dropped, right now with DAoC in window im at 48 celcious, and walking into my room when im comming back from getting a snack, I keep thinking its off cause its so quiet, I keep thinking its my digital cable box.

woah, those are right..id remount and reapply AS3...you do know that when you put the AS on the heatsink, you put a little bit on, and rub it around, getting it in all the cracks, then wipe off the excess...then you just put a layer on the cpu itself...not a layer on both...this would increase temps..but try reapplying as3 and the heatsink

Bah who cares about the temps, **** runs nice and quiet, so I dont really care. If it dies to bad, ill just get a new pc. I ran a tbird for a year at 60c and it still works to this day.

Hehe...i like your attitude...Look at me...i got my 1800xp at stock speed....and i sit at 36idle, 41 full...and i'm still tryin to squeeze off a few degrees...and my system is a lawnmower, 1 hd fan, 2 intake, 2 exhaust, dual fan psu....i should try unhook them all just to have a quiest system for a few mins...hahah

i would have to agree, while the temps are on the high side, they arent worth worrying about, as long as everything is stable its not a big deal. Some people are just over concerned about temps, most oems run their processors at the 60c mark with stock cooling and thermal pads.

high temps man.... i have a smart fan 2 running silent and i get temps of 28º on an ax-7 too.:(

I only have 4 fans. 1 80mm exhaust, 1 80mm smart fan 2 on ax-7, and 2 from PSU (80mm&92mm). 39c on max cpu load @ med. fan speed and 35c idle. This with 110W cpu.

It's all about ambient temps. I have 1 120 Stealth intake, 1 120 Stealth exhaust, PSU fan, and Vantec Aeroflow on the processor. It's cold outside so the heat's on fairly high inside (it's warm enough to wear shorts and t-shirt inside), and idle temps are about 49 C. In the fall, when ambient is cooler, idle temps fall to about 42 C. So my point is that giving your temps is pointless unless you include more info (i.e. ambient temp). Hell, I could take an AMD XP to 20 C on air in Canada with two friggin fans. There's a reason why Ed rates heatsinks by C/W and not by absolute temperature.

My room is the 2nd hottest room in the house, its always warm here, and when my heater is on, this is generally when my pc is on. Once summer comes my ac is on all the time, so my temps will plumet. But i really dont care about this pc temp wise anymore, its busted, cant overclock any higher, so I just dont care. Gonna worry about my next pc :)

Back