• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hell-spawn

i have an epox 8K9AI mobo and an XP 1800+ palimino AGOIA 0226 and when i try to take my FSB higher than 154 mhz i get instability in windows.. iv seen that my CPU can handle higher speeds so does this meen i have crap mobo or is there something i gotta tweak to get that kinda speed??

Have you tried upping the voltage? XP1800+ has 11.5 multi, so 154 x 11.5 = 1771MHz, which is pretty decent for a Palomino. What are your temps? If they are sub 45C full load you can safely up the vcore a bit and see if it helps

i have my vcore @ 2.00 and temp is 49c full load. 2volts is the max my mobo puts out and ive tried all different voltages just for the hell of it but but still cant get past 154.. i can get 155 but windows crash's within 3 minutes of startup and gives me bluescreen saying "irq_not_equel_or_less_than".. no idea what that meens and microsoft as usual cant help me.. well ill keep trying.. i just want my CPU to get to 1.8ghz with stability

As I said in the other thread I think the chip has reached its limit. Other things to consider I guess are what type of Ram you have and its settings. It is also likely that at 154 the 1/5 divider will not have kicked in so your pcis will be running at 38.5.

i have 2 sticks of 256 ddr 266mhz which can stabaly run at 380mhz( i pushed em to there limits as a test) is it worth me trying to unlock the multiplier to get a bit more MHZ ?? ive been trying to unlock it for about 2 weeks with no luck.. if i run at 154mhz fsb at either 12 or 13 times multiplier will i get more MHZ with stability or is my chip running at about its limits..

Back