• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Suggestion for A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buddha1822

Please make a good PSU suggestion for a system with a A7N8X and all... Generally thinking a good moderately priced PSU, but mainly looking at the features, quality, durability, etc. Obviously I wanna stick with one that works welll and all, so please make a suggestion. Also quiet, and has good cooling fan options, like adjustable fan control (either mobo or automatic or whatever) but ya know.. You all know the general high quality features of a PSU, so make a suggestion! Thanx! :)

I'd think it'd be wiser just to search the forums. HUNDREDS of threads simillar to this one, and the a7n8x isn't a special board. There's a search button for a reason.

Bang for the Buck is easily the Sparkle or Fortron (same thing) Power Supply's...Some of the guy's in here swear about the 300watter...They have a new one at newegg that has one 120m/m fan that seems to be all the rage right now...check the sparkle's out at www.newegg.com/ and the fortrons at www.directron.com/ I think the guy's said the 300watter with the 120m/m fan is only like 30 bones...There is a bunch of models so you have to do a little research as to what exactly you are getting...Cheap and Good...now that is a winning combination :D

Forton/Sparkle PSUs are that good. Just look at the size of the transformer inside their 300W or 350W -- it's bigger than anyone else's, even an Antec TruePower's, until you get to about 480W.

Just checking, but is a $30 PSU actually reliable and quality?? I mean for highh usage and for moving it around (like LANs) and consistent and cooling? I am asking just cuz i trully dunno...?

Do not let the price fool you...The only other PSU out there that is hands down better is PC Power & Cooling...About 150.00 bones!!! Sparkle/Fortron, Antec, excellent PSU's...Just throw down your 30 duckies and be happy knowing you have a rock solid, double throw down, double barrell bad to the bone PSU for 30...count em thirty dollars...I have built box's using them and everyone that I have had anything to do with has been absolutely flawless...I always use Antec's for my personal box's...But that may change...I mean as good or better for less??? Sounds like a no brainer to me...:D

The Antec true control sounds like what you're after with the fan control ect, they should be out real soon now. The true power Antecs have auto fan control to a certain degree, plus a couple of dedicated fan connectors that run at about +5V and speed up if temp (case) goes over 40DegC(I think!). they also have a handy molex connector on the back of the PSU for connecting up any 'out of case' periphials...

I got a 550W t/p on the pretext of never having to upgrade past 550w again :) ...

Fortron/Sparkle makes some of PC Power & Cooling's PSUs (the other maker is Zippy). Fortron is at least as good as Antec Truepower but just lacks the cosmetic frills, high price, and three-year warranty, and marketing hype.

Fortron is at least as good as Antec Truepower but just lacks the cosmetic frills, high price, and three-year warranty, and marketing hype.
Which is ecxactly what he asked for in his first post :) ...

PS, do Fortron have 'dedicated' voltage rails, or are they like the Sparkle?(which won't supply the max +5V unless the +3.5V is lower than 10~11amps)...

Back