• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

general help please!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billy9x

Registered
general (more)help please!!!!!!

Hi all,

I bought this mobo a couple of months back along with pro but since ive had it the system has been pretty unstable,with reboots all over the shop plus freezing which has the sys squeeling like a pig.
what im trying to do is get what i paid for which is 133fsb-133ddr
i have tried setting the jumpers to this goal but the sys boots up with all the regular noises but no display???so i set it to 100-133 which is ok-ish it boots as normal but as recently it is even been crashing surfing the web??not normal for this sys but thats only happen'd since i installed a new ddr stick(brand name mm???256mb ddr 2100)it worked for an evening but went to surf the next evening and it froze each time, i placed only the new one in(mm)and it would display strange lines near systray then 30secs later would freeze? but worked with old one only untill i thought sod it and put both in and all seems so far ok ish again.
i will get the bois volt readings and post them in a tick.
I am not a newbie so fire away as you will.

sys
acorp 7a1647a 1.0- new flash1.3 which is done
1.1ghz duron 100fsb so far
384mgs ddr 2100(one is samsung the other as i said is called mm , im pretty sure they are both unbufferd and my board is ok with un buf but one may be buf
geforce 3 ti200 not oc(not yet)agp
soundblaster live 1024 pci
56k modem
maxtor 20gig 7200rpm
quantum fireball 1.6gigs 7200rpm i think
philips cdrw drive
liteon dvd drive
floppy
300w solarmax
6 fans total cpu idle temp 39 sys temp idle 28
atx format

thanks all

billy9x

vdd(v)5.18v
vin1(v)3.36v
vin2(v)3.02v
vin3(v)1.76v

any idea anyone if these (v) look ok??????

any good fsb changing software out there as i think i unlocked the pro's multi but im abit dubious about cutting any more bridges
but DO want more belt to my sys ive oc graphics and other boards but this is the first ghz pro ive had any help please!!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums!! :D

Based on the problems you described I would be looking at two or three components that I think would most likely cause the instability and lockups; either the ram, mobo or PSU. First, Acorp is not known to be great mobo manufacturer so its possible your motherboard is causing the instability at not so aggressive setting for one reason or another. It could also be that the new stick of DDR your purchased is causing the problems. Its possible you just got a bad stick. Go to simmtester.com and get the utility; you can test your memory and see if any errors arise. Also, try the system without the stick of 128MB and vice versa. Concerning the PSU, how are your rails(5V,12V etc)? 300W may not be enough for your rig; try another PSU if possible. Good luck and let us know what happens.

hi,
i order'd this gigabyte board but when i went to pick it up they had been sent the wrong one,the only reason i took it was cos it was ddr capable only to 2100 it sucks as i keep reading these threads from people who have managed to push thier mem but all i want is at least 133fsb:(
then i can get pushing.

i think the psu is a wee bit gutless so im gonna have to save 30quid for a 550w and see what happens.as for voltage the stuff on the bottom of the first thread is what the bios is saying other than that i have no idea what is good volts and bad??+plus the only way it seems i can up the volts it through the pro

billy

Back