• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm having a maaaaajor problem please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vegabond21

Registered
I'm using an asus A7V8X motherboard and this is my situation. I lowered the latency to my ram and now when i reboot it won't even go into bios. Is there anyway i can reverse this effect or completely restore my old bios? When I reboot its a black screen and it doesnt' even boot into the bios. Please help me!!!

Stephen

Clear the CMOS, you will see the jumper on the mobo just below the South Bridge. Remember to unplug your PSU before you swap the jumper.
Hood

I see the jumper, its blue and about an inch below the southbridge but what do you mean by swap the jumper? I can pull it out and put it where, right now its on the right side? I'm lost thanks.

There should be three pins

unplug computer
pull battery
as for the pins,If it is to the right two now,put it on the left two for a few seconds.
Replace it to where it was
put battery back in
plug computer back in
and power on

i did as instructed but its still not letting me back into the bios screen. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong? And what can I do to fix it. Thanks for the replies.

I've found to clear the BIOS, you also need to turn off the rocker switch on the power supply, put the jumper in the clear position, and even hit the power switch while the PSU is off, and the jumper is in the clear position. Try leaving it in the clear position for a few minutes

Three pins on the cmos jumper....... default its connecting two of the three pins. Unplug your power supply take out the cmos battery to be sure, swap the jumper to connect the other two pins. that will clear cmos, than put the jumper back to its default position install the cmos battery and plug the psu back in. All your bios settings will go back to default like the board is new.

it still doesn't work damn i don't know whats wrong with it. Please someone help. It won't even boot into bios.

jojo mojo thanks thats exactly what I did but its not booting up to the bios i keep reseting the cmos.

hey try this,

put the jumper in the reset position and hit the power button to turn on your computer. Once you cut your computer on, leave it on for a about 2-3 secs, and then cut it off via the switch in the back of the PSU and then replace jumper into original position and then reboot.

I had similar problem, if I change a setting to low or too high, it wouldn't boot at all. So try it out. It won't hurt to try.

What speed ram are you using? I ran into a problem with my pc3200 when clearing the cmos. I had to install pc2700 to get it to post. Once into to the bios go to advance chipset and the spd will pick up your proc. Save and exit. Reboot and installed the pc3200.

Maaajor problems !!!!

I had this same problem, you can try clearing the CMOS all day. She still won't boot. I'm running the same mobo with Corsair PC3200 ram. Apparently the mobo has problems with 3200 ram. The only way you'll get your system up and running , is to pull you current Ram sticks out and put a different ram stick in. Turn on the computer with the new stick in and the Bios will appear like magic.

Hope this helps
Good luck

Snapmando

Back