• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aiuhb 0248 From Pcnut

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gesteve

Registered
I recieved my AIUHB 0248 brownie from PCNut last Fri and I wanted to get some advise.

I can run the chip at 10 x 200 at 1.6 volts and get 43c full load (prime 95) Stable

I can also get 11 x 200 at 1.8v temp 53c (prime 95) Stable
The best I have seen from this chip is 11.5 x 200 1.85 v but it was not stable in prime 95 and the temps were too high.

I still have hopes to at least get 2300 stable out of this chip.
I have a Dr. Thermal TI-V77 series cooler. Do you think it would be of any benefit to upgrade toa better cooler? if so I would like someyhing not too noisy.

I have been overclocking Intel for years....This is my first AMD and I don't think I will be going back to Intel any time soon these things really scream!!!!

Thanks for any help

Yes, cooling that chip down should help to stabalize it. 53 C is just too hot for 1.85v and the overclocks you are attempting.

For air cooling I would recommend the Thermalright SLK-800 and a high cfm fan, such as a Thermaltake SmartFan-II or Vantec Tornado, either 80mm or 92mm. These are fairly noisy however, so if this is a concern you may consider going to water cooling.

Once you get those temps down into the 30's that chip should go higher.

Yes i would go with an slk 800 i can run my vcore @ 1.950 and it hits about 49 c thats running @ 186 x 12.5 . They also have the new slk 900 out and if your on a tight budget get an sk7 i belive its 25 bux alone with an 84cfm fan should do the job .

Thanks, I just ordered a SLK800 and Thermaltake Smart fan 2 from Plycon $39.99 for the SLK800 $13.99 SMartfan2.

I would really like to get 12 x 200 outa this rig but if I only get 2.2 thats about what I expected. At least I can run it cool and reliable.:D

I received my xp2100 from the nut a couple of weeks ago.. get this its running on my secondary system on 145FSB x 16multi
2.336GHz.... not bad at all and it's pumped up at 1.80v
don't have pc2700 DDR at this time but hell, can't complain for what it's doing so far! Good cpu bro... have a good cooler on it forthe love of OC'ing ! ! !

:D

Very tempted to order one of these chips from the nut. Would a 2100+ "Brownie" be a good upgrade from a 1700+ "RIRGA" (same stepping as early 2200+ T-Bred As)?

I'd say it would be a nice upgrade. What can you get with that RIRGA? 1.9? I think even the AIRGA's were only getting 2.0 on average?

Well I have had my PCnut Tbred 2100b(0249) for about 3 weeks now and so far and as my sig says, right now i am doing 2.27ghz @ 1.75v. Just like gesteve I also have the same DR Thermal HS and probley will replace it soon in order to reduce temps some more. Also on my list is replacing my 2100 ram with some 3200 in an effort to get to 2.35ghz stable.

Right now I just havent had the time to play with bios settings to much due to the hassel of removing my case side every time I need to reset the CMOS.
All in all I really like this chip alot over my 1800 pally.

I am starting to see some benefits from burning in, I am now able to hit 200 x 11 at 1.75v not 1.8 like before temp dropped from 53c to 49c Still a little toasty, Cant wait to get my new HS/FAN

I cannot even post at 12 x 200 at 1.85v I think this chip may max out at around 2300 or so with the current cooling setup. I will keep burning and see in a few days....

Back