• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton Updates?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buddha1822

Anyone get any overclocking done or seen any or heard of any, or have any information on the overclocking abilities of either the Barton 2800 or Barton 3000 or anything? I am considering getting the Barton 2800, but then I thought, I still want to overclock it a little bit (since it will be kicking major *** anyway, but why not more?! :D ) but there was absolutely no information on any overclocking I could find? If I missed it in the search, please let me know, but i thought i did a thorough search and couldn't find any updated, latest news on the overclocking of the Bartons... :)

Wow those guys seem to be doing well with the Bartons, getting around 2.5GHz+. Thing is, I wonder how the Bartons will last under 2.0v+ since that's where the Tbreds starts to get affected from voltage.

if you'd read what he posted

"one thing i know for sure right now...these chips do not like high voltage.mine will blue screen with anything over 2.05v."

its not running over 2 volts. not because he doesnt want to. but because the chip isnt stable with it

zabomb4163 said:
if you'd read what he posted

"one thing i know for sure right now...these chips do not like high voltage.mine will blue screen with anything over 2.05v."

its not running over 2 volts. not because he doesnt want to. but because the chip isnt stable with it

I'm just curious to how long they'd last even at 2 volts. If he says there BSODing around 2.05, I wonder how much damage the chip is taking at 2volts. I guess time will only tell (though I do wonder how some companies that haven't been around more than 10 years advertise products to last for a 100 years).

XP 3000+ OC on air atm, from the Vapo forums. Seems they only take a slight hit in OC performance from the extra cache, if any.

It wont be long now and Barton will be everywhere and T-breds will be a thing of the past. Who wants a 256KB L2 CPU when they will be able to get a simularly clocked CPU which has twice the cache for the same price.

I'm getting a Barton :)

OC-Master

Well, I'll take my time before I go out and get it. I'd like to wait till the 2500+ gets around $100 or less. If it happens to be when the Athlon 64s come out, I guess I'll have to deal with that. Well by then maybe I would know what stepping and week to look for on the Barton ;)

Back