• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.3v is a tiny bit low? Antec SL400w

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

My 3.3v is a tiny bit low, 3.20-3.26 never up to 3.3.

It is a nearly brand new Antec SL400 400W Solution Series Power Supply.

Is there anything I can do about it. I know it probably does not hurt anything, but it is just that I hate looking at my voltage moniter and it showing that. It is like a the power supply is taunting me.

The best way is to actually measure it yourself, yu can buy a cheap multimeter and measure the voltages at the molex...believe me, you will spare yourself unnecessary worries and upgrades

Measure it with a MM at the ATX connector block, it'll probably be bang on. mobo sensor reader chips are 99% of the time wrong by up to 0.1V and more, plus allow for the traces on the mobo(and the ATX connector~mobo connection) to cause resistance...

Well I did it with the MM with the computer just sitting at desktop.

Right From the Molex

voltage2.jpg

What the Voltmeter Said was.

voltage1.jpg

It is not so much that I am worried about what it is right now, but being as this is brand new and reading a tiny bit low, is it going to get worse as time goes on. The place I bought it from only gives a 30day warrenty after that they tell you to go to the Manufacturer with it.

It's off by a whopping 1.06%. I attribute that to normal variation, the inaccuracy of the volt meter, or your dirty thumbnail

larrymoencurly said:
It's off by a whopping 1.06%. I attribute that to normal variation, the inaccuracy of the volt meter, or your dirty thumbnail

You leave my thumbnail out of it mr. LOL

I realize that it is a small amount, and it is not just the MM the MB reads the same slightly low in the bios.

This is a brand new PSU. My Question that you totally ignored is,

Is this a normal thing, or should I take the PSU back before the warrenty period. Do you think it will get worse over time.

Many people believe that if a power supply isn't bang on with it's voltages you're gonna cook the board, or anything attached to the PSU. If you look at your voltage, you're actually only 0.04 volts off (taking 2 decimal places). This isn't much at all.

Right now my 3.3volt is sitting at 3.37 volts. Which is getting a little high, but it's stable there.

i run heavily overclocked with a semi loaded system. my 5 volt rail hit 4.95ish at idle and dips to 4.85-4.9 at load, a3.3v reads just a little low too, dips all the way to 3.19 under load with an antec psu, been like that since day one(two months ago) and hasnt gotten worse at all and my system is fully stable

Back