• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance PC System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kfunk

I finally had enough of computer noise and decided to look for a water cooling system and I cam across a Koolance system PC2-601BLW which can be foundhere:

I did not want to go through the hassle of building my own system.

My question is, how dependable is this system. All I need is a water block (want DTek) for cpu but I read that this Koolant system uses 1/4" tubing compared to normal 3/8" or 1/2". I'm wondering how the fitting will be. Anyone own one of these?

Koolance WBs indeed use 1/4" fittings .. as far as I know, a decent DIY Watercooling kit should cost less than buying koolance kit, yet upgrade-able and have more choices :) .. sure you will have to spend some times to set them up, but they won't let you down :) ...

any water block is easly adapted to 1/4" by swapping the barbs for the 1/4" equivilents. these are pretty easy to get hold of so try a hardware shop.

also i must point out that koolance systems are no better performance wize than air cooling im not sure if you relise that but most people regret buying them and there almost impossible to upgrade because of the 1/4" tubing. if your looking for performance you have to go with a DIY system.

They have the Koolance EXOS setup that is fully self contained and just sits on top of your existing computer for only $199 and this system is excellent, I just purchased it with the swiftech CPU and GPU peltier combined waterblocks and the chipset cooler which only ran about $150 more but thats with the peltier units embedded, If you go wiith the straight water block it is considerable less... I got the Exos at the heatsinkfactory.com and the swiftech components at Sidewindercomputers.com but you can get it all at heatsink factory, The Exos is probably the best you will find for the price and is considered one of the best period, the swiftech waterblocks are also some of the best made check it out...

I heard with those EXOS setup, you cant overclock as much as other setups. Is that true? How well were you able to overclock pctuner@amd? Tell me you overclocked........:)

Mine still hasn't arrived but remember I got the swiffy waterblocks withh built in peltiers so I should be close to freezing temps...

let me know how it works out for ya once you receive the product.

Back