Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

19" monitor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 02-23-03, 01:20 AM Thread Starter   #1
Jiggydrag
Registered

19" monitor

i was thinkin about pickin up a 19" monitor but i'm not sure which kind, anybody know what kind i should get? TIA
Jiggydrag is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-03, 02:57 AM   #2
BaldHeadedDork

I highly recommend the Viewsonic P95F+. Best picture quality I've seen in a 19" and the price is right, too.

BHD
BaldHeadedDork is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-03, 05:35 AM   #3
sirtoby

you should give some more info, like if you want flatscreen or if it doesn't matter, and what price range...

anyways.. if you want a non-flatscreen I'd recommend a Hitachi CM715ET.. very nice monitor and cheap also. There is also another Hitachi with basically the same specs but flatscreen, can't remember the model number of that one though.

Anwyays, in general I'd recommend Hitachi.. haven't seen anything but good monitors from them.
sirtoby is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-03, 07:05 AM   #4
kagee108

So much is subjective. You need to go look at them. Buy whatever looks good to you and what you can afford. I am a Sony fan, but I think they are overpriced on their monitors. I bought a Phillips because at the time, it was the best overall value.
kagee108 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-03, 10:06 AM   #5
Hookem

10 Year Badge

BHD is giving you some good advice...For the money you just cannot beat the P95, it uses a Mitsubishi DiamondPro tube excellent electronics, great specs and it is inexpensive...Sony CDP G420S and the Mitsubishi DiamondPro 920S are two really nice monitors but cost more...For under 300.00 you just cannot beat the ViewSonic...go over to www.tomshardware.com/ and read the article on 19" CRT monitors...very informitive...

Switching to Intel
Antec 300, Corsair HX5650W, Asus P5Q PRO Turbo, Intel Q9550, Thermalright SI-128-SE, 2x4 G.Skiell PC64000 DDR2, XFX 4890, 640 Black OS Drive, 2 640 Blacks RAID-0, Audiotrak Prodigy HD2, Vantec SATA EzSwap, Mitsumi floppy, Lian-Li card reader, Lian Li T4, Dell E198WFP, AudioEngine 5 speakers.
In progress build.
Hookem is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-03, 10:44 AM   #6
-=UR=- Ranger

I really like the Sony Trinitron Tubes for their colour quality, but that's a matter of personal liking, I believe...
-=UR=- Ranger is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-03, 06:25 PM   #7
raven

i second for the P95f+ awsome price for a great monitor! its under $400 Canadian!

raven

OCZ Agility2 120GB, WD Black 1TB & 2x WD Green 2TB.....................................WD 36GB Raptor & Seagate 500GB 7200.11
Sound Blaster X-FI XtremeMusic.................................................. ..................Sound Blaster MP3
ATI HD5750 Go! Green.................................................. ...............................ATI AIW X800XL
New System up and running!
--Virus Troubles?--..........--Need a Program?--..........--Spyware Problems?--..........--System and Boot Optimization--

Nothing I say should be directly used, without my explicit permission, to make money. I DO NOT support INLINE ADS.
raven is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-24-03, 02:51 AM   #8
hduong

I think the p95+ is probably the best monitor for $300. I just heard bad things about their warrenty. I also perfer trinitron/diamondtron tubes. They are bright and offer better color. My old Lg 19" flatron as really nice too for a non trinitron tube. I would recommend that one if it wasn't for the horrible geometry. I think tomshardware mentions that too.

hduong is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-24-03, 09:52 AM   #9
penguinpoo

heres a different one, NEC/Mitsubushi 19" diamondpro... I think the Diamondtrons are much better than Trintron, Even Sony said it when they admited there trintron was just a gimmick! But I do like sonys aswell.
penguinpoo is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.