• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pic of 9700 Pro with PCI Express?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well in the IDF it was reported that ATI are backing it and have been working on a card for it...that on the otherhand cant be it - its meant to be a smaller slot - that looks huge.

CI Express architecture is a state-of-the-art serial interconnect technology that keeps pace with recent advances in processor and memory subsystems. From its initial release at 0.8V, 2.5GHz, the PCI Express technology roadmap will continue to evolve, while maintaining backward compatibility, well into the next decade with enhancements to its protocol, signaling, electromechanical and other specifications. The PCI Express architecture retains the PCI usage model and software interfaces for investment protection and smooth development migration. The technology is aimed at multiple market segments in the computing and communication industries, and supports chip-to-chip, board-to-board and adapter solutions at an equivalent or lower cost structure than existing PCI designs. PCI Express currently runs at 2.5Gtps, or 250MBps per lane in each direction, providing a total bandwidth of 16GBps in a 32-lane configuration. Future frequency increases will scale up total bandwidth to the limits of copper and significantly beyond that via other media without impacting any layers above the Physical Layer in the protocol stack. PCI Express provides I/O attach points for high-performance graphics, 1394b, USB 2.0, InfiniBand(tm) Architecture, Gigabit networking and so on.

photochopped, but really no card is even truly stressing AGP 4X's bandwith I dont see how this will help in the near future

it looks photochopped.....i mean....u can see the darkness around the bottom portion where they made the pci pins...u can see where they blended it....and it looks exactly like the agp cept for the bottom where its pci...

It does look like it was chopped, but it was reported by Anandtech that ATi did show off a 9700 Pro with PCI Express

Back