• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Gaming Headphones for under $70 bucks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hurk

Hope this hasn't been talked about to death... What are a good set of gaming headphones for a decent price..

EDIT: Keep in mind I have no clue about headphones.

I'm wearing some sony whatnots... and I agree Evnas.. they sound all the same without subs.

Godsmoke said:
get some sony whatnots. sony always makes good products.

Sony makes crap products unless its a portable CD player, or a PS2, heh. They make to many things to make any one good thing good IMO. If u want real sound (though not neccisarily headphones...just talking in general here, hehe), then Pioneer or Bose are the way to go ;)

*edit* help...im sober and spamming un controllably...well, not quite sober...sleep deprivation is just as bad ;) lol

i would have to agree partly. Sony makes good cd brners, you forgot that. but i am currently listening ot my techno on my pioneer stereo reciever and 26 inch speakers. ( in each speaker, theres one 6 inch speaker, one 3 inch tweeter, and a 16 inch sub. i have two of em hooked up to this computer!)

This is helping me choose headphones? ;)

Pioneer make headphones? Even bose? Prices aren't bad? Eh?

Pioneer= teh ****e. get pioneer. if they make headphones. better yet, screw headphones, take you 70 bucks, and get yourself a decent 6.1 altec lansing speaker set from compusa!

lol I have great speakers, but the game I play is all about hearing people walk near you. So I want an affordable, good set of headphones =p

PS: Altec Lansing can lick my bum bum. I like Logitech.

Seinheisser makes a great set of headphones i believe in your price range. Your nearest CompUSA should have them in stock. I only wish they made those same headphones with a noise cancelling microphone and id be set. Until then i have to settle for Plantronics.

I went to an audiophile forum to ask what the best set under $100 was and the Sennheiser 280's for $85 were the most recommended and a set of Koss head phones (can' remember model) where also highly recomended.

They spoke highly of the detailed sound, like sounds I don't hear on my AIWA receiver because I have crappy speakers. The receiver isn't great either, but would be fine with a set of headphones or expensive speakers for my uses.

Anyway, if you can swing the extra $15 the Sennheisers I'd do that, but if you get another brand (besides Koss) I'd just get the cheapy $30 pair because there probably isn't a big difference between those and their more expensive offerings.

Just go to bestbuy/radio shack/circuit city/any other local store and test em out...if you really want some good ones tho go to a music store where they sell studio equipment...

I use the Sennheiser HD 212 Pro headphones for Counter-Strike, music, whatever. They're lightweight, good sound quality (not the best), LOUD, and quite comfortable for headphones. They only have 32 ohm resistance so they can be driven well enough by the weak amplifier in a sound card or portable CD player. All in all, they're really nice headphones for the price--about $50. I think newegg has 'em, if not search on yahoo.com shopping or something. That's just my reccommendation.

Also check out Headroom. They are one of the best online headphone sites for advice and they have a large selection of headphones to buy.

PS as far as loud goes, Sennheiser rates my headphones for 115 dB i think. Klipsch 5.1 supposedly top out at 110. Believe me, when these things are turned up, I can't hear any external noises.

280s even though they are a little above your price range. you will not be dissapointed.

gaming with headphones is by far superior to speakers as the sound placement with headphones is much more accurate. bass isn't as good but who cares about bass when you can't tell where someone is walking towards you ready to put some bullets in your butt.

OC Noob said:
I went to an audiophile forum to ask what the best set under $100 was and the Sennheiser 280's for $85 were the most recommended and a set of Koss head phones (can' remember model) where also highly recomended.

They spoke highly of the detailed sound, like sounds I don't hear on my AIWA receiver because I have crappy speakers. The receiver isn't great either, but would be fine with a set of headphones or expensive speakers for my uses.

Anyway, if you can swing the extra $15 the Sennheisers I'd do that, but if you get another brand (besides Koss) I'd just get the cheapy $30 pair because there probably isn't a big difference between those and their more expensive offerings.

Thanks for the reasearch. I'm Canadian, but I think I found those headphones for a pretty good price. Yeah, gaming certainly rocks with headphones.... unless you want to tick off a neighbor...

Thanks for the replies dudes and dudettes!!

Ive gone through about 6 pairs of headsets, best ive used for Gaming where u actually need to know what side is what and clearity is Plantronics.

Back