• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I get 2100xp 03 or 04?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
speedbird2007 said:
I have been looking at excaliber.com and see these two different dates which one is best. I have not seen any posts about 04.
Also do any of you know if you can fit a tornado fan 92mm on a slk 800?
Malc.
it seems with good cooling, almost all the steppings are doing quite well, and as far as the 92 mm fan, yes, if you put the fan slightly crooked, it will fit. let me see if i can get a link to a pic for you.

see here: http://www.overclockersforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31085

i tried to post a pic, but the option wasn't there.:rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
Both of them (0303 & 0304) can do about the same...within a reasonable range of Vcore (1.90volt max my opinion)

Approx...2.3-2.4GHZ air-cooled

OK well im not going with the slk 800 but just the sk7 with tornado. Do you think i should order from newegg never know what you are going to get even though all those dates they have are ok. Or get one from excaliber.com? Are they any good?
My asus A7N8X only has 1.85max vcore how will i do with that setup do you think with 512mb pc2700 333 samsung.
Malc.

speedbird2007 said:
OK well im not going with the slk 800 but just the sk7 with tornado. Do you think i should order from newegg never know what you are going to get even though all those dates they have are ok. Or get one from excaliber.com? Are they any good?
My asus A7N8X only has 1.85max vcore how will i do with that setup do you think with 512mb pc2700 333 samsung.
Malc.

well, i ordered from newegg, because if the chip is bad, or defective, i can rma it, but i believe excaliber doesn't rma chips. they do however offer the correct stepping ,....guaranteed. all the t-bred xp2100's i seem to see that clock low, are on systems with other reasons why it won't overclock well, mainly poor cooling. and at the same time, i have seen just about all steppings doing 2.3-2.5gig with good cooling,and even higher with water and chillers.

so, i don't think there is a big enough difference to pay the extra 10 bucks or whatever for a specific week. at least, not yet. imho

i hope to see mine by wednesday, and i will post back and let you guys know what stepping, week, and so on i get from newegg, and also, after i have time to tweak a little, i will post my initial overclock at whatever given voltage i decide to throw at it.;) i hear these t-breds are sensitive to voltages, so, i might have to be careful this time around. i have an xp1600 in my sig, which has been put through burn-in under 2.3 vcore, and survived. i doubt the t-bred will handle that voltage.....:D

i will, eventually..

speedbird2007 said:
Are you going to do a fresh windows install or just pop the new cpu in??
I have a 1700xp pally right now i have 1698mhz right now will not go higher than 154fsb.
Malc.

who are you asking? if mine doesn't boot, i'll reinstall, but not long after i install the chip, if all seems to go well, i will reinstall anyways. within a week, or so. but i will have time to back-up files, huh?

:)

Madsam
Sorry i was talking to you mate. Im not a rich man and im adding as i go it is just a pain every three weeks to do another reinstall of windows when i add a new bit of hardware.
I reinstalled 2 weeks ago when i got my new mb which i had to really. So if it all works good when a new cpu is in maybe i will be ok?
Malc.

Manofknight
I can't wait to get the 2100 mate im iching LOL. Im going to oc very slow and burn in well as i can't afford to buy another one soon. I know we say that now and then go for it but i must be careful.
Ok the slk 800 i can't find it very cheap newegg has one called a slk 800 A is that ok? The tornado fan 80mm is i think 85cfm and the 92mm is 119cfm is getting the bigger fan really worth it?
I have to get a slk 800 now as 8c is loads difference.
Thanks.
Malc.

i think the slk-800a is just a new version of the slk-800. i don't know what the difference is. maybe a different clip or something else.

i will use a 92mm tornado if and when i buy one, but if you don't have a heatsink yet, maybe try the slk-900, with the 92mm tornado. the slk-900 is made to fit a 92mm fan, and the slk-800 is not.......although it will work on the slk-800 as well.

the only reason i can think of to buy the slk-800 would be the price, as the slk-900 is around 50 beans. the slk-800 is more like 30 beans.:)

Back