• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cutting power supply cables

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ritualx

Just wondering if I would damage anything by cutting the cables from my power supply that I have no use for?

Ritualx

if i am correct (which i hope to be) you would not damage them as long as you capped them off.......so that no bare wires are touching anything.........i would just get some zip ties and hide them somewhere so if you ever need em.....you have em

bbt82z said:
if i am correct (which i hope to be) you would not damage them as long as you capped them off.......so that no bare wires are touching anything.........i would just get some zip ties and hide them somewhere so if you ever need em.....you have em

your assumption would be correct. as long as you keep them from making connections to each other (which could prove to be fatal for your psu or whole system), it would be fine. it's it just like having a molex connector that is disconnected.

yea those p4 connectors are just in the way of us AMD users, but i just taped mine off to the side, you cant see em unless you open my case up

Back